Countdown to 2014 Barcelona Design Week
Design is not just for rich people. It is part of our life, it is oriented to our activities and it is everywhere. This 9th edition, Israel will participate as the guest country. Under the slogan ‘Design is here!’, Barcelona Design Week is organized by Barcelona Design Center and presents a wide programme of activities, conferences, forums, workshops and networking activities during two weeks. Most of them will be host by Barcelona Hub Design building, but there will also be activities around the city.
From our five star hotel in Barcelona, Hotel Omm, we collected the main activities of 2014 Barcelona Design Week that could interest you. If you want to know more about other activities, have a look at the official website event.
– Undertake being creative: One of the most expected speakers is Ron Arad. This internationally renowned designer will talk about entrepreneurship. It will be on June 2 and he will talk about his innovative design processes and explain how important is experimenting and prototyping in order to achieve successful outputs.
June2, from 5.30 to 7pm at Barcelona Hub Design building (Pl. de les Glòries Catalanes, 37-38. Barcelona). 3 Euros.
– Redesigning Barcelona: A unique opportunity to transform the modernist flower tile of Barcelona.
June2, from 9am to 9pm at Transforma Barcelona (C/ Consell de Cent 394. Barcelona). Free entrance.
– Discover architecture by bike: Get ready to pedal. Ride the Smart eBike, the electric bike of the German brand, and take part into several city tours where you will discover its most prominent design and architecture points.
From 2 to June6, the guide tours start every day at 10.30 am and 16.30pm. Long tours take 2 hours. 3 Euros. Send an e-mail to email@example.com to register.
– Patterns, Colors and Design by Zuzunga: Cristian Zuzunga, artist and designer, presents his exhibition of furniture and textile design inspired by architecture, megacities and digital world.
From 2 to June13, from 10am to 2pm and 4 to 7pm at at Roomservice Design Gallery (C/ Dels Àngels, 16. Barcelona). Free entrance.
– EcoDesign Day: ‘The strategic role of design in the circular economy’ is the conference about circular economy and ecodesign in companies.
June4, from 10am to 2pm at Barcelona Hub Design building (Pl. de les Glòries Catalanes, 37-38. Barcelona). Free entrance.
– Urban areas: This workshop will explore how to improve our urban environment being capable of take the most of territorial resources.
June4, from 4 to 8pm at Nutcreatives offices (C/ Llacuna, 162-164. Barcelona). Tickets costs 50 Euros.
– 40 years of Catalano bench: Few designs have long been marketed by the same company. Barcelona Design Week wants to celebrate the 40 birthday of these popular benches with their designers, Lluis Clotet and Oscar Tusquets.
June5, from 8 to 10pm at Barcelona Design offices (C/ Ramón Turró, 126. Barcelona). Free entrance.
– Management of the city brand: Cities need to highlight their values from others city. City brand strategies of Manchester, Amsterdam and Barcelona will be discussed in this conference.
June13, from 12 to 14pm at Roca Barcelona Gallery (C/ Joan Güell, 211. Barcelona). Registered required.