Festival Mas i Mas
The nights of August will be fill with live music thanks to the Festival Mas i Mas. This fourteenth edition of the festival aims to liven up the different corners of the city center with the best live music, complementing the Barcelona billboard of the month of August, from the 1st to the 31st of August.
A live music festival
Although initially this was an exclusive jazz festival, little by little it was opening its range of musical genres and shows to reach what it is today, a festival in which live flamenco, classical music, the song of techno author, theater, dance, musical theater and magic.
This summer festival is organized by the company Mas i Mas and includes 84 shows that will hold 220 performances, in which about 150 artists will participate.
Featured Festival Artists
As outstanding artists of the line-up, we can highlight:
– Imany. The pop & soul singer who will present his new album The Wrong Kind of War.
– The Incognito group. An acid jazz band with 40 years of experience.
– Mario Biondi. The Italian singer with a black voice.
– Andrea Motis. Singer, trumpet player and Catalan saxophonist who will present her first album called Emotional Dance.
– Bora Dugic. A prestigious Serbian flutist.
Six different locations
The locations of this festival will vary depending on the show, and will focus on six different locations in the City of Barcelona:
– Jazz cava Jamboree
– Tablao flamenco Los Tarantos
– Discoteca Moog
– Palau de la Música
– Born Centro de Cultura y Memoria
– Teatre Grec
All these establishments are located in the center of the city, so it will be very easy to get to them whenever you are staying in a hotel in the center of Barcelona. If before entering one of the shows performed at the Palau de la Música you want to eat something, we recommend the restaurant “Cuines Santa Caterina” a cozy restaurant that, located a few meters from the Palau de la Música. This might be the start of a wonderful summer night.
From our hotel with spa in Barcelona we wish you a happy stay!